When we think about giving back or helping others; the first thing that comes to mind is “I have to give money?” Well, there are other ways to help make a difference without having to donate money.
Things you can do:
- Cook for someone
- Mentor a student if you are good at a subject
- Be a Positive Big brother or Big Sister to a younger person
- Volunteer at your local animal shelter
- Assist Seniors
- Setup a walkathon or run for a cause like cancer
- Work with your Village, Town or City Council to plant flowers in parks.
- Spend some time at schools during pickup and drop-off times to ensure the safety of the students.
- Spend some time at your local Elderly Home.
- Help a senior with grocery shopping, cleaning, or lending a helping hand in the kitchen can be a huge support for homebound seniors.
- Whether you’re looking to work with kids, support the arts, or help the elderly, sign up and get in touch with a nearby nonprofit that needs your help.
- Consider cooking up meals, deliver meals, assemble the meal kits.
- Mentor a student, volunteer to become a team leader, writing coach, SAT tutor, or critical thinking advisor, among other options.
- Walk dogs, care for kitties, and ultimately make a difference in many animals’ lives.